LSE: MKA.L 2.90p TSX.V: MKA $0.05
Rare Earth Exploration
Mkango Resources Ltd.
Mkango Resources Ltd. (TSX-V / AIM: MKA) is a Canadian dual TSX-V and AIM listed mineral exploration and development company focused on rare earth elements (REE) and associated minerals in the Republic of Malawi, a country whose hospitable people have earned it a reputation as “the warm heart of Africa”. It holds through its 51% owned subsidiary Lancaster Exploration a 51% interest in the Songwe rare earth project, with the remaining 49% owned by Talaxis. The Thambani, Chimimbe and Mchinji exclusive prospecting licences are all 100% owned. The Corporation’s corporate strategy is to further develop the Songwe Hill rare earth deposit and secure additional rare earth element and other mineral opportunities.Learn More
Songwe Hill rare earths
Songwe Hill is an advanced stage rare earths project featuring carbonatite-hosted mineralisation. Mkango completed an upgraded Mineral Resource in 2018 supported by a NI43-101 compliant technical report. Feasibility Study expected to conclude in 2020.
One of six promising areas for uranium exploration in Malawi identified by a World Bank programme. Radiometric surveys and surface sampling by Mkango indicate potential for U-Ta-Nb mineralisation along a strike lengh of >3km.
Chimimbe Hill Ni-Co
Historical drilling and pitting indicates potential for an Ni-Co-Cr resource, with an unexplored magnetic anomaly extending beyond the historical exploration area.
A large area with geophysical exploration targets, adjacent to Mkango’s Chimimbe Hill Ni-Co licence, and gold and graphite deposits to the south and east.